OWAD Environment - Permits
OWAD Environment conducts all operations under the necessary work permits and authorities.
We have the necessary permits & approvals to work with our detection dog in Queensland and New South Wales.
Current permits include (but are not limited to):
New South Wales:
- Animal Research Authority (TRIM 15/2129) for “Targeted flora & fauna species surveys using professional detection dogs” (NSW Department of Primary Industries)
- Scientific Licence (SL101634) for “Targeted flora & fauna species surveys using professional detection dogs” (NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment)
- Research Permit for work in State Forests issued on a case by case basis (Forestry Corporation of NSW)
- Animal Ethics Committee Approval (CA 2018/01/1136) for Koala surveys using detection dogs, including amendment for Quoll surveys (Qld Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
- Biosecurity Queensland Registration Certificate (Biosecurity Queensland)
- Scientific Purposes Permit required on a case by case basis for nominated protected areas only (e.g. National Parks, State Forests) *SPP not required for unprotected areas* (Qld Department of Environment and Heritage Protection)